Ke Kontan

Ke Kontan

Monday 4 March 2013

A Breath of Fresh Air..

This week I have learned how beautiful life truly is- even amongst heartache, loss, and difficult situations. We can mope around and dwell in self pity or we can choose to LET GO. To see and to indulge in the beauty around us and appreciate that we are alive. I look into the little smiling faces covered in dirt and without clothes and see how genuinely happy they are. They enjoy life just because of its simplicity. We held hands- all of us- different races, different social classes, different dreams- and we became united as one as we shared a connection as we stood on the top of the mountain hand in hand. We shared a brief moment of happiness, or relaxation, as we overlooked the chaos below. These kids amaze me, they take in every little thing that surrounds them. If we participate in human nature- raw nature- we become our truest selves. Forget the opinions of others, forget expectations, forget jealousy and greed. Let go of the negatives and just breathe in the positives. Stop worrying what others portray you as, you know who you are, focus on that. We need to enjoy our earth, our land, and most of all enjoy other human beings. Take in their beauty and overlook their shortcomings. I find that instead of accepting everyone and trusting and believing that we all are the same deep down, we are constantly looking for flaws in one another and trying to belittle each other. We are meant to love one another, yet quite too often I witness us doing the complete opposite. There is too much competition, hostility and selfishness. We can chose to let go of this, we can chose to let go of the idea in our mind that everyone is out to get us, that everyone is going to hurt us, we must take time to understand, to realize that not one person out there is perfect, we all have our own flaws and our own demons- yet everyone deserves to be loved. Everyone deserves to be happy. On top of that mountain today I realized that I need to take more time to appreciate things, to sit down and relax, and to stop trying to change things that I ultimately have no control over. I have fully realized today that I am so much more when I have less. I am the happiest when I have dirt covered feet, less food, no materialistic objects, and just love surrounding me. I know now why these kids on this mountain have the most beautiful smiles. They understand what it means to truly be alive. They may have nothing, but they do have each other, and in totality- that is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment